The Quick Entry window lets you create journal entries on your Mac without launching the main Lifecraft application. To access the Quick Entry window, click the Lifecraft icon in your menu bar.
Because Lifecraft uses an encrypted database, the Quick Entry window must access your encryption password in order to create new entries. This password is stored on your Mac's "keychain". On rare occasions, the keychain may get confused about which applications should be able to access the password. If this happens, the Quick Entry window may stop working. This article explains how to correct this problem.
Quit Lifecraft Helper
- Click the Lifecraft icon in your menu bar to open the Quick Entry window.
- Click the LIFECRAFT name in the top-left corner of the window. You should see a menu.
- Choose "Quit Lifecraft Helper" from the menu. The window should close and the Lifecraft icon should disappear from the menu bar.
- Also quit the Lifecraft application if it's open.
Open Keychain Access
- Open Keychain Access. You can find it in Applications > Utilities.
- Make sure "All Items" is selected under "Category".
- Click in the Search field and type "Lifecraft Service".
- You should see a "Lifecraft Service" item in the list. Double-click it to open the Lifecraft Service window.
Change Access Control
- In the Lifecraft Service window, click the "Access Control" tab.
- You should see one or more items in the application list. Select each one and click the minus (-) button to remove it.
- Click the "Save Changes" button. You'll be asked to enter your Mac's password.
- Quit Keychain Access.
- Launch the Lifecraft application.
- When it asks for permission to access to Lifecraft Service on your keychain, click "Always Allow".
- Open the Preferences window in Lifecraft and select the General preferences.
- Uncheck "Show Quick Entry in menubar". When it asks if you would like to quit Lifecraft Helper, click Yes.
- Check "Show Quick Entry in menubar". When it asks if you would like to launch Lifecraft Helper, click Yes.
- The Lifecraft icon should now appear in your menu bar. Click it.
- When it asks permission to access to Lifecraft Service on your keychain, click "Always Allow".
At this point, you should be able to click the Lifecraft icon in your menu bar and type in the Quick Entry window.
Quick Entry window not working
If the Quick Entry window stops working and shows "Folders Unavailable", do the following:
- Open Lifecraft on your Mac.
- Select a journal (not "All Entries" or "Trash").
- Press the Return key on your keyboard (the journal name should now be editable).
- Change the name of the selected journal (eg. change "Main" to "Main 1").
- Open the Quick Entry window and confirm that it's working correctly.
After you've done the above, you can change the journal name back to what it was previously