Use the Emotions View to record your emotions as they happen. We all experience multiple emotions every day and these separate parts come together to form a whole. In other words, emotions are the building blocks of your life. This concept is represented by the Emotions honeycomb icon.
Select the Emotions view
Click the Emotions button in the navigation bar:
Log an emotion
- Click the emotion bar on the right side of the screen.
- Choose an emotion.
- Write an optional note.
It only takes a few seconds to write a note and you’ll definitely appreciate it when you review your log later.
- Click to write a note without choosing an emotion.
- Click an emotion "bubble" to change the emotion text, update the time, or delete the entry.
- The emotion names can be changed in Preferences/Settings > Emotions.
Edit an emotion
To edit an existing emotion, click the emotion "bubble". You can then change the note text, delete the emotion or change its time:
Copy to journal
At the end of the day, click to copy your emotion log to a journal entry. In fact, if you’ve used your log throughout the day, you’ll find that much of your journal entry has already been written.
View your Emotion Tree
The Emotion Tree provides an overview of your emotional well-being based on your Emotion Log. It shows the total number of emotions that you've logged.
- iPhone: tap or swipe from the left side of the screen to open the calendar.
- Click at the top of the calendar view to open the Emotion Tree.
Filter the emotions
- Click/swipe a primary emotion bar to see the secondary emotion bars.
- Click an emotion bar to filter the entries so the calendar only shows ones that match the selected emotion.
- Click to stop filtering.