NEW: Zee EMOJI with 40+ expressions
Zee has been given a facelift! With more than 40 different expressions, you'll always know how Zee is feeling when you're reading your daily Compass message.
IMPROVED: Interface for writing prompts and jokes
Writing prompts and jokes now appear in their own window instead of the main Journal view. This makes the interface cleaner and easier to use.
Previously, if a custom font was applied to some text in a journal entry, the font would be reset as soon as the Return key was pressed - fixed.
NEW: Quote list type
You can use the new Quote feature to highlight text: a colored bar will appear to the left of the text. To apply a quote:
- Place the cursor anywhere in a paragraph (you don't have to select any text).
- Click the Aa button at the top of the journal entry to open the Font panel (shortcut: cmd-T).
- Click the Quote button in the List section.
Alternatively, you can choose Format > Quote or type "> " at the beginning of a line to start a quote.
IMPROVED: Journal Entry Templates
You can create your own journal entry templates (see Entry Templates). This version of Lifecraft fixes a number of issues in order to make the entry templates more useful.
Previously, the first character in a list item wouldn't be capitalized by default. That problem is now fixed.
A recent change made by Apple caused some problems with entries that include photos. Some photos embedded in the entry text would appear "faded". This version of Lifecraft fixes that problem. If any of your journal entries exhibit this problem, you should re-add the affected photos to the entries.
Fixed some display issues when the app is using the dark "Conrad" theme.
NEW: Text Styles
Format your journal entries with different heading styles. Styles include Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3 and Body. To change a line to a heading:
- Place your cursor anywhere on a line (you don't have to select any text).
- Tap the + button above the keyboard to show the text tools.
- Tap the H button and select a heading style.
NEW: Typography Settings
Choose whether your journal entries start with a heading or body text. Make your entries more readable by adjusting the line and paragraph spacing. These settings can be changed in Settings > Text.
NEW: Import Entries from Day One
You can now import your journal entries from Day One on your iPhone or iPad directly into Lifecraft. See Import from Day One for more information.
NEW: Automatic Lists
Rather than using the text controls to create a numbered/bulleted list, you can now simply type a number or bullet to automatically start a list.
Redesigned Media Browser
When you add photos/videos to a journal entry, they normally appear in the Media Gallery at the top of the entry (although you can choose to embed them in the entry text if you like). If you tap an item in the media gallery, a full screen Media Browser will open. The Media Browser has been redesigned to make it easier to use. To dismiss the browser, tap the X button or simply swipe up or down.
Inserting photos in your journal entries is now much easier. For example, you can copy a photo from another app and paste it directly into a journal entry.
JULY 20, 2019
NEW: Share Extension (for clipping content)
Use the Lifecraft "Share Extension" to clip content (text, links, photos) from other apps and save it in Lifecraft journal entries. Learn more...
NEW: Siri Shortcuts
With iOS 12 or later, Siri Shortcuts let you quickly do the most common tasks in Lifecraft with just a tap or by asking Siri. Learn more...
NEW: Separator Lines
You can now insert separator lines in your journal entries. There are 2 ways to insert a separator line:
- Open the text tools above the keyboard and tap the separator line button:
- Type 3 hyphens in a row.
JUNE 24, 2019
NEW: Compass Library View
You can now see ALL past Compass messages in the Compass Library view. New messages are added every day. The messages are sorted by topic and can be searched.
- Select the Compass view, then tap the Library button at the top of the screen.
- Select a Compass topic (e.g. "Friendship") or "All" to see a list of Compass messages.
- Select a message from the list (requires Lifecraft Pro).
- The Challenges icon in the main navigation bar will show a badge when new challenges are available (new challenges coming soon!)
- Challenges can be viewed in the free version of Lifecraft.
Timers & Stopwatches
Made it easier to manage a timer/stopwatch:
- To start a timer/stopwatch, tap the Activity Button at the top of a journal entry and choose "Start a Clock".
- To pause a timer/stopwatch, tap the clock display.
- To cancel a timer/stopwatch, tap the X-button that appears when paused:
- Audio files attached to journal entries play correctly.
- Various other improvements and bug fixes.
MAY 8, 2019
NEW: Viewing Older Compass Messages
You can view the daily Compass messages for up to 7 days after their release. So if you miss a day, you can still go back and read the message:
- Tap or swipe from the left side of the screen to open the Calendar view.
- Select a date in the Calendar view.
The Compass message for that date will appear (if it's within 7 days).
MAY 5, 2019
Version 2.2 includes:
- Frost (default)
- Conrad (dark)
- Hemingway (vintage)
More themes will be added over time. Some themes require Lifecraft Pro.
To change the theme:
- Tap Dashboard at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Settings button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select Themes.
Alternatively, tap the main view title (Compass, Challenges, Emotions, Journal, Dashboard) and select Themes in the window that appears.
NEW: 130+ Journal Icons
To change a journal icon:
- Press and hold a journal name, then tap Change Icon.
- OR swipe a journal name to the LEFT ⇠ and tap the edit (pencil) button.
This feature requires Lifecraft Pro.
FIX: Improved Compass/Challenge Messages
Some users haven't been able to see messages in the Compass and Challenges views. This should now be fixed.
FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Lists (bulleted, numbered, checklists)
To add a list to your journal entry, tap one of the list buttons that appear above the keyboard (if you don't see the buttons, tap the + button). The left side of the text can also be indented.
Journal Entry Templates
Journal entry templates can now be assigned to specific journals. For example, you can create a template specifically for your Work journal and a different template for your Food journal. When you create a new entry in either journal, the appropriate template will automatically be used. Read more here: Entry Templates
Hide Navigation Bar
If you find the app too complicated, you can choose to hide the navigation bar that appears at the bottom of the window:
This will make the interface simpler so you can focus on the content. You can toggle the navigation bar in Settings > General > Hide navigation bar.
How do I change views when the navigation bar is hidden?
Tap the main view title. For example, in the Journal view, tap "JOURNAL", then select a view from the window that appears: