Lifecraft is a superb standalone journal that you can freely use on your iPhone, iPad or Mac. But to unlock its true potential, you’ll want to try all of the Premium features:
- iCLOUD SYNC. Automatically sync between your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
- UNLIMITED JOURNALS. Create unlimited hierarchical journals (sub-journals).
- UNLIMITED PHOTOS & VIDEOS. Because some experiences are bigger than words.
- UNLIMITED EMOTIONS + EMOTION CHARTS. Discover what's trending in your emotional life.
- CHALLENGES. Improve all areas of your life and boost your confidence.
- JOURNAL WRITING PROMPTS. New journal writing ideas delivered to you daily.
- PASSWORD LOCK. Keep your journals private (Touch/Face ID compatible).
- MORE. Themes, tags, weather forecasts…
Start your FREE TRIAL today! A single in-app subscription enables Lifecraft Premium on all of your devices AND you’ll be helping support Lifecraft’s future development! ❤️
New users: Upgrade to Lifecraft Premium
If you've already subscribed to Lifecraft Premium and have questions about your subscription (when did my subscription start, when will it renew, etc.), you should first verify your subscription in the App Store:
If you still have questions, feel free to contact us.
We recognize that subscriptions are a new experience for many people. It’s definitely a change from the traditional purchase/upgrade model that we’ve personally used to sell software for the past 20+ years. Unfortunately, it's been our direct experience in the past several years that the traditional model no longer works for products like Lifecraft for many reasons including the following:
- The monthly highs and lows simply aren’t consistent enough to sustain a software team. We are a very small team which requires recurring revenue to continue to develop and expand Lifecraft. We have an exciting vision for the product that your subscription will help us to deliver.
- Devices receive consistent and frequent updates nowadays which means software development is a constantly moving target. It thus makes more sense for developers to release frequent product updates, bug fixes, and improvements rather than large monolithic ones.
- We believe that a subscription price of less than $3 per month is reasonable for an iCloud-enabled app that works on multiple devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad).
- A single subscription enables Lifecraft on ALL of your devices.
- You won't lose access to your data, regardless of whether you have a subscription. If your subscription lapses, the only thing that will change is you will no longer have access to the Premium features such as iCloud syncing.
- Subscriptions benefit both developers and users. One-time purchases often lead developers to simply add features in order to sell upgrades, which results in bloatware and a worse user experience. Subscriptions encourage developers to continue to improve and refine the software in meaningful ways, which benefit both new users and existing subscribers. A subscription model actually holds the developer accountable for maintaining a good user experience for all users.
As other developers have switched from the traditional pricing model to a subscription model, they have also explained why they went with the subscription model. One such company is the maker of Ulysses, a writing tool. They penned a very eloquent and comprehensive article explaining their decision. Their article largely echoes our thinking and experience on the subject, but communicates in a way that's much better than we could have ever written. It's worth reading if you still have questions or concerns about subscription models. In response to this article, John Gruber of Daring Fireball wrote,
"This is a really thoughtful article, and I fully support their decision. I think subscription pricing is an excellent option for truly professional apps like Ulysses, particularly ones that are cross platform (Mac and iOS)."
Thank you for taking the time to listen and consider our thoughts on this subject.