“Once the domain of teenage girls and the literati, journaling has become a hallmark of the so-called self-care movement, right up there with meditation. And for good reason: Scientific studies have shown it to be essentially a panacea for modern life. There are the obvious benefits, like a boost in mindfulness, memory and communication skills. But studies have also found that writing in a journal can lead to better sleep, a stronger immune system, more self-confidence and a higher I.Q.” — New York Times, October 25, 2018.
Journaling is a sure-fire path to personal growth. This idea is represented by the Journal icon which suggests both writing and growth.
Select the Journal view
Click the Journal button in the navigation bar:
How the Journal view is arranged
There are 3 parts to the journal view, arranged from left to right:
- Journal List. Where you create journals and sub-journals.
- Entry List. Where you browse entries in the selected journal.
- Entry View. Where you record your thoughts and emotions.
Navigating the Journal view (iPhone)
To navigate from the Entry View to the Entry List:
- Tap in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Swipe from the left edge of the screen.
Use a similar approach to navigate from the Entry List to the Journal List.