Format your text
There are no special text editing modes or complicated style codes to remember. You can easily format your text using familiar font tools.
On your iPhone/iPad
- Select some entry text (the keyboard should appear).
- Tap above the keyboard.
- Tap to see the style, font and color tools.
- Tap a font name or color and see your text change instantly.
On your Mac
- Click the button to the right of the entry date.
- Use the Format menu in the menu bar. For example, you can choose Format > List to create a numbered or bulleted list.
Learn more: Format Text
Choose an activity
Click to open the Activity Selector and choose a journal activity. For example, you can:
- Copy your Emotion Log to your entry.
- Insert calendar events.
- Get a writing prompt.
- Share your entry.
To add photos/videos to your entry, click the and choose Insert Photo.
- iPhone/iPad: a media browser will appear so you can select photos/videos stored on your iPhone/iPad.
- Mac: a file chooser will appear. Tip: it may be easier to drag photos/videos from the Photos app and drop them on your journal entry.
By default, photos/videos appear in the Media Gallery. The Media Gallery displays square thumbnails in a row at the top of the entry. Click an image to see a larger, uncropped version in a viewer window.
If you prefer to have photos/videos embedded in the entry text, you can change a setting in the Preferences/Settings:
- Preferences/Settings > General > Photos
Don’t know what to write?
Click Zee and choose Writing prompt. Zee will give you a topic to write about for 8 minutes (Zee can time you). Writing for 8 minutes a day, a few times a week, quickly adds up to something remarkable.
Choose an emotion
Emotions are an integral part of Lifecraft. Read more: Emotions Overview. To assign an emotion to a journal entry, click the emotion bar on the right side of the screen. When you select a primary emotion (like "Happy"), you’ll see a number of secondary emotions. Choose the secondary emotion that most closely matches your feeling.
With the emotion bar open, click to see the complete list of emotions, including definitions. If you can’t find the emotion you’re feeling, you can edit the emotion names in the Preferences/Settings:
- Preferences/Settings > Emotions
Tag your entries
Tags (requires Lifecraft Pro) allow you to link entries even if those entries belong to different journals. Let’s say you want to create a Food tag.
- Click at the bottom of a journal entry.
- Type "Food".
- When you’re done typing, the tag will automatically be created and added to your entry.
- You can then filter your entry list to show all entries that have the "Food" tag.
Learn more: Tags
Click to open the Entry Info view where you can:
- Change the entry date.
- View/change the entry location.
- Move the entry to a different journal.
- See word and character counts.
Navigate your entries (iPhone/iPad)
Swipe from the MIDDLE of the screen to navigate to a different day. Swipe from the LEFT EDGE of the screen to open the Entry List.