The entries in the selected journal appear in the entry list view. Scroll down to view earlier entries. At the bottom of the view, you'll see a scrollable calendar that you can use to navigate your entries:
Learn more: Calendar View
Create an entry
Click to create a new entry. If you've selected a date other than today in the calendar view, Lifecraft will ask whether to create the new entry on the selected date or today.
Search your entries
- iPhone, iPad: scroll to the top until you see the search field. Mac: locate the search field at the top of the entry list.
- Type one or more search words into the search field.
The entry list will filter to only show the entries that contain the search word(s).
Entries can be moved from one journal to another. Or they can be deleted (which moves them to the Trash).
On your iPhone/iPad
Swipe LEFT ⇠ over an entry row. You’ll see buttons for moving or deleting the entry. When you delete an entry, it’s moved to the Trash folder (see Journal List).
On your Mac
Select the entries you want to move/delete. You can hold down the SHIFT or COMMAND key to select multiple entries. Or choose Edit > Select All to select every entry in the list.
To move the selected entries, drag & drop them onto a journal in the Journal list. To delete the entries, press the Delete key on your keyboard. Deleted entries are moved to the Trash folder (see Journal List).
Filter entries by tag
- Click the More button (···) at the top of the entry list view.
- Select Filter by Tag.
- Select one or more tags in the Tags view. You can also edit tags in the Tags view.
The entry list will only show the entries that include the selected tags. To reset the filtering, click the More button (···) and choose Stop Filtering.
Filter entries by emotion
You can filter the entry list to only show the entries that include a particular emotion. Click the More button (···) at the top of the entry list, then select Filter by Emotion in the More view (see screenshot above). An Emotion Bar chart will open:
The regular Emotion Bar chart calculates the bar lengths/numbers by multiplying the number of emotions by their intensity values (see Emotion Charts).
However, this bar chart works differently. Since we want to filter the entries, the bar shows the number of entries that include that emotion. So if the Happy bar shows 39 like in the screenshot above, you'll see the 39 entries if you filter on Happy.
Selecting a primary or secondary emotion
- Click a primary emotion bar, such as Happy. The secondary emotion bars will appear.
- To filter on all Happy emotions, click the Select All button.
- To filter on a single emotion such as Cheerful, select the Cheerful bar.
- To select a different primary emotion, click the back arrow button (or swipe right on the iPhone/iPad).
When filtering, the entry list will only show the entries that include the selected emotion. To reset the filtering, click the More button (···) and choose Stop Filtering.