Format your text
There are no special text editing modes or complicated style codes to remember. You can easily format your text using familiar font tools.
On your iPhone/iPad
- Select some entry text (the keyboard should appear).
- Tap above the keyboard.
- Tap to see the style, font and color tools.
- Tap a font name or color and see your text change instantly.
Learn more: Format Text
On your Mac
Click the button to the right of the entry date to open the Font panel.
Learn more: Format Text
The More button (···) appears at the top of the Entry View. The More view helps you perform common tasks related to journal entries. For example, you can:
- Open the Emotion Charts.
- Get a writing prompt.
- Start a Timer
- Open the App Settings (iPhone, iPad).
See More Button for more options.
To add photos/videos to your entry, click the More button (···) and choose Insert Photo/Video.
- iPhone/iPad: a media browser will appear so you can select photos/videos stored on your iPhone/iPad.
- Mac: a file chooser will appear. Tip: it may be easier to drag photos/videos from the Photos app and drop them on your journal entry.
Learn more: Photos & Movies
Don’t know what to write?
Click the More button (···) and choose Prompt. Zee will give you a topic to write about for 8 minutes. Writing for 8 minutes a day, a few times a week, quickly adds up to something remarkable.
Copy entry link
Click the More button (···) and choose Copy Link to Entry. A link to the selected journal entry will be copied to the clipboard. The default link name is the journal entry date, but you can change it to whatever you like. You can then paste the link in a different journal entry OR a different app. When you click the link, the original journal entry will be opened.
Choose an emotion
Emotions are an integral part of Lifecraft (see Emotions Overview). To add an emotion to a journal entry, click the emotion bar on the right side of the screen and select an emotion. See Adding Emotions for more information.
Tag your entries
Tags (requires Lifecraft Premium) allow you to group entries even if those entries belong to different journals. Let’s say you want to create a Food tag.
- Click at the bottom of a journal entry.
- Type "Food".
- When you’re done typing, the tag will automatically be created and added to your entry.
- You can then filter your entry list to show all entries that have the "Food" tag.
Learn more: Tags
Click the Info button in the top-right corner to open the Entry Info view where you can:
- Change the entry date.
- View/change the entry location.
- Move the entry to a different journal.
- See word and character counts.
Navigate your entries (iPhone/iPad)
Swipe from the MIDDLE of the screen to navigate to a different day. Swipe from the LEFT EDGE of the screen to open the Entry List.