JULY 20, 2019
NEW: Share Extension (for clipping content)
Use the Lifecraft "Share Extension" to clip content (text, links, photos) from other apps and save it in Lifecraft journal entries. Learn more...
NEW: Separator Lines
You can now insert separator lines in your journal entries. There are 3 ways to insert a separator line:
- Open the Font tools and click the separator button (see image above).
- Choose Format > Separator line (shortcut: cmd-option-S).
- Type 3 hyphens in a row.
JUNE 24, 2019
NEW: Compass Library View
You can now see ALL past Compass messages in the Compass Library view. New messages are added every day. The messages are sorted by topic and can be searched.
- Click the Compass button at the top of the main window to switch to the Compass view.
- Select "Library" on the left side of the window to see all of the Compass messages.
- Select a topic from the Topics List to see messages related to that topic.
- Select an item from the message list.
- The Compass message will appear on the right side of the window (requires Lifecraft Pro).
- The Challenges icon in the main navigation bar will show a badge when new challenges are available (new challenges coming soon!)
- Challenges can be viewed in the free version of Lifecraft.
Journal Entry Text
- Tables inserted in Journal entry text (using the Format > Table command) now work correctly (previously, it was hard to select/insert text in the table).
- When copying & pasting text between journal entries, the original text style is retained (unless you use Edit > Paste and Match Style to paste the text).
- Journal entries can be exported to a PDF file (choose File > Export > PDF).
Timers & Stopwatches
Made it easier to manage a timer/stopwatch:
- To start a timer/stopwatch, click the Activity Button at the top of a journal entry and choose "Start a Clock".
- To pause a timer/stopwatch, click the clock display.
- To cancel a timer/stopwatch, click the X-button that appears when paused:
MAY 8, 2019
NEW: Viewing Older Compass Messages
You can view the daily Compass messages for up to 7 days after their release. So if you miss a day, you can still go back and read the message:
- Select a date in the calendar on the left side of the Compass view.
- The Compass message for that date will appear (if it's within 7 days).
MAY 5, 2019
Version 2.2 includes:
- Frost (default)
- Conrad (dark)
- Hemingway (vintage)
More themes will be added over time. Some themes require Lifecraft Pro.
To change the theme, choose Lifecraft > Preferences, then click the Theme button in the General preferences. If you turn on Dark Mode on your Mac, Lifecraft will automatically switch to the Conrad (dark) theme.
NEW: 130+ Journal Icons
You can change the journal icon from the File menu:
Alternatively, control-click the journal name and choose Change Journal Icon from the contextual menu.
This feature requires Lifecraft Pro.
FIX: Improved Compass/Challenge Messages
Some users haven't been able to see messages in the Compass and Challenges views. This should now be fixed.
FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Lists (bulleted, numbered, checklists)
To add a list to your journal entry, choose one of the list commands from the Format menu. The left side of the text can also be indented.
Journal Entry Templates
Journal entry templates can now be assigned to specific journals. For example, you can create a template specifically for your Work journal and a different template for your Food journal. When you create a new entry in either journal, the appropriate template will automatically be used. Read more here: Entry Templates
Hide Navigation Bar
If you find the app too complicated, you can choose to hide the navigation bar that appears at the top of the Viewer window:
This will make the interface simpler so you can focus on the content. To hide the navigation bar, choose View > Hide Navigation Bar.
How do I change views when the navigation bar is hidden?
Click the main view title. For example, in the Journal view, click "JOURNAL", then select a view from the menu that appears:
- Fixed a problem where photos embedded in journal entry text would appear too big.